[3830] NCCC Sprint K3TN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K3TN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 02:46:44 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 13

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): .25

  160:   2      2
   80:  14     13
   40:   7      4
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  23     19  Total Score = 437

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Today I will used one excuse from the "I hate flying" column and one from the "I
hate Windows" column:

I was in Atlanta during the day, scheduled to return to BWI at 0100z, plenty of
time to get home and get on the air - if you believe in the Easter bunny. The
usual summertime thunderstorms/tornado warnings meant I landed at 0200, got
home at 0240.

The storms had caused a power blip and hung the PC (or my wife and daughter had
messed with it when they spent the tornado warning in the basement...) so I
started out by hand as the PC booted up, doing whatever it is Windows does
during those long minutes. Once I got N1MM up, a context created, etc I then
quickly entered the manual QSOs and was going - except that Windows was busy
eating up memory with some huge Windows update, making N1MM act like one of the
gas pumps that goes so slowly you can see the .001 gallon digit change. So, more
operating by hand.

Sending serial number 1 at 0245 caused a number of fill requests, which made
manual sending twice as painful but the rate was pretty high. Nice to work KE3X
and the rare local DX multiplier.