[3830] WAE CW M6W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dez.zc4dw@virgin.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW M6W Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:22:19 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: M6W
Operator(s): M6W
Station: M6W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IO92
Operating Time (hrs): 16:03

   80:    0     0     0
   40:    8    20     5
   20:  135   227    45
   15:  155   265    49
   10:   22    40     9
-------------------------
Total:  320   552   221  Total Score = 192,712

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

WAEDC is truly one of the best (if not the best) contest each year. It really
does have it all: off-time strategy, potential for juicy DX and those fabulous
QTC's.

Sadly I'm usually otherwise engaged, be it shift work or our wedding
anniversary around this time of year. 2010 was no exception so I was restricted
to only 16 hour in the shack.

Nevertheless, the short contest call needed an airing and as usual, WAEDC
failed to disappoint.

The off-times were completely dictated by work which also meant I never got on
the low bands so I just worked what I could hear. No strategy required at all
this time.

I never quite feel like I've begun this one until I have the first 10 QTC's
safely in the log. There is usually teething trouble remembering the
key-strokes but it all comes quickly flooding back.

Ah, the thrill of 100 percent copy of 10 QTC's from West Coast US stations
on a marginal 15m band.

The silly grin on your face after hoovering up batches of traffic from UA9's at
30+ wpm.

The delight in taking another 10 from a VK almost half-way around the world.
Satisfying to exchange traffic with all other continents.

Funniest moment; I was logged onto the cluster as G0DEZ and spotted NH2T. NH2T
obviously saw my spot flash up and so called for G0DEZ (despite the fact I
wasn't calling). Had to give him 599 001 of course.

Gotta love WAEDC CW.

73 Dez, M6W  (G0DEZ / G3WW)

IC-7000, 75w
Butternut HF9-V