[3830] WAE CW AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] WAE CW AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:11:09 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   80:   0     0      0
   40:   5     3     12
   20:  77    84     48
   15:   5     0      6
   10:   0     0      0
-------------------------
Total:  87    87     66  Total Score = 11,484

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

First time working WAE.  The QTC thing is an interesting concept.  Knowing how
poor my sig is compared to a contest station's sig, those EU ops did a
fantastic job copying my QTCs.   Took me a while to figure out what to do with
N1MM and sending QTCs -- I found some help on the eham.net forums.

I was skeptical about offering QTCs to the EUs because I figured they'd end up
having to ask for many repeats, get frustrated with me, and then nil the whole
event.   I guess I didn't give them enough credit.   They were all patient and
courteous during all of my exchanges, and I appreciate their efforts.  In the
end I was able to unload nearly all my QTCs and was happy to do so.   I wasn't
even going to get back on in the last three hours except I felt I needed to try
and overcome my fear of going through the QTC process - and I felt I had to seek
out those EU guys who I initially tried to give QTCs to and then froze up.  I
actually found IR2C and one other one near the end and passed a full ten to
each.  That made me feel better about my previous tries with them.  Really
strange how I'm so afraid of failure when it comes to contesting.

Thanks to the EU guys for some great fun.  I really enjoyed myself.   Hopefully
next year I'll have a little more gain and directivity towards EU.