[3830] WAE CW N6WM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chris.tate@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N6WM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:26:15 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6WM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Brentwood, CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~6

   80:
   40:
   20:  71           58
   15:  22           28
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  93     0     86  Total Score = 7,998

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Busy weekend with family commitments, so the mission of this exercise, see what
can be worked from my little pistol station in the suburbs, with my limited
altitude tribander surrounded by stucco homes.  Also to boost the DXCC CW count
from the EU all just for fun.  Because of the limited station condx, combined
with my fairly limited experience in this contest, I kept this a QTC free
event.  I will study this in the future to make sure I can fully participate.
Its fun to take something on like this with no pressure to perform, scan the
bands, call cq when you want..  take a break and do something with the kids..
ok dont worry Ill be back to my normal self as soon as I get into my next big
gun chair hi hi.

Result:
I had a great time.  I had limited opportunities to operate, but was impressed
with 15 meters on saturday, and say what you will, it is not a regular
occurence for the EU to stay open all day to W6 at least to some places, even
if the copy was difficult.  So where they really that bad?  me thinks not.

As far as the worked from QTH count,
29 WAE entities including
4O, 9A, DL, E7, EA, EA6, EU, F, G, HA, HB, I, LY, LZ, OE, OH, OK, OM, ON, PA,
S5, SM, SP, TF, UA, UR, YL, YO, YU

of this I cannot complain.

Since just 15 and 20 meters were the game all contacts with

Elecraft K3/100
K1EL Winkeyer
N1MM logger

Antenna:
Hygain TH3jrs @ 35 feet (surrounded by stucco houses)

A little help from:
AL-811 amp @ .5 kw
VE7CC cluster (btw nice sigs from VE7CC station heard down here.. GL!)
The Sierra Nevada Brewing Company

So.. from the N6WM garage hamshack we playfully call the Brentwood Amateur
Radio Facility (BARF) hi hi.

Thanks,73 and seeya next time
Chris
N6WM