[3830] WAE CW NN3W(@N3HBX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW NN3W(@N3HBX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:59:58 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  137          30
   40:  412          39
   20:  784          51
   15:  478          41
   10:    0           0
-------------------------
Total: 1811  1804   421  Total Score = 1,519,810

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As always, thanks to N3HBX for letting me use the Poolesville station.
Everything worked well, and it was a joy to run.

Wow.  Quite the weekend.  Personal best in terms of QSOs and final score.

Condx seemed somewhat disturbed early on (sounded like a minor geomag storm).
I loved the opening on 15 - it was BIG but not enough people were around to
enjoy it.  OTOH, this is the FIRST time I've done the WAE and posted a goose
egg on 10.  Around 1600z Sunday I heard C4I Q5 on 28021 but nobody else was
around to work the opening.  Pity.  80 was OK; I'm a bit disappointed by 40.
It was much better in 2008 and 2009.

Dug myself into a QTC hole with close to 500 QTCs in the bank, and it took me
until Sunday at 1800z to finally work it all off.

I think I screwed up my off time strategy this year, and had to go QRT at
2315z.  Usually ending in the last hour is not a bad decision because
historically that hour has really stunk.  Not this year.  40 was rolling and
all I could do was shut the radio off and await my fate.

Heard K3PO and NY4A kicking my tail in the QSO count.  Looks like I matched
them with mults.  Congrats to both, and also to AA3B who scared me to death on
Saturday night when he came from being 75 being to almost even at the end of
the evening at QRT time.