[3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:34:11 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 20

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  15     11
   40:   5      4
   20:   6      6
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  26     21  Total Score = 546

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow - that was a rush!   First of all, a big THANK YOU to John, K4BAI who
emailed me last week suggesting I move my VFO 200Hz higher when I call stations
in the NS.   I was not getting many replies when I was zero-beat.   Looks like
that was a big help, since my score doubled from last week to this week.

As Bill mentioned in his posting, there seemed to be a pipeline from DC to the
West Coast from 0227-0229Z, as I compared signal reports with K7SS, K6VVA and
N6ZFO.   But in the NS itself, I didn't work any CA at all - just couldn't make
it over the Midwest Wall, as the 0's, 9's, 8's and 5's won all the jump balls.

Looks like 80-meters is the best band for me, as I had 15 QSO's in only 12
minutes on 80, after my usual slow start.   Tonight was the first time I
actually felt the fabled 'NS Adrenaline Rush', if only for those 12 minutes.
Even had a few couplets in there, but only 2 CQ's were answered.   My goal is
some day to break 1,000 points - hopefully I can get the 160-M antenna up in
time for next Thursday night, to grab those extra few mults.

This weekend I will be on for NAQP SSB, so hope to work a few of you.   Also my
3 licensed sons (K3PAL, K3ODY and KB3SPI) and I applied for and received our new
'Palisades Radio Club' call this week - KB3VAU.   The boys will be using that
call in the NAQP SSB assuming we have good propagation.

Thanks for the NS fun as always, and see you next week!

Ken KE3X