[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:03:07 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, N5XJ, KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Somerville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   25    11
   80:  135    39
   40:  762    60
   20: 1258    60
   15:   64    16
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total: 2247   187  Total Score = 420,189

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

In the two weeks prior to NAQP SSB a lot of time was spent fixing things that
had been neglected.  N5XJ came out to help repair the 160 antenna a couple of
weeks ago and last weekend while KU5B was up doing some operating in the WAE CW
contest we took the opportunity to get a lot of things tested and repaired.  Was
nice to have someone in the shack to communicate with while I was 300 yards from
the shack trying to test and repair some relay problems.

KU5B Note: We ended up fixing close to 1500ft of beverages last weekend in
addition to a bum relay; not the greatest fun in 100+ temps. Luckily all the
work paid off and everything worked the whole weekend.

We would have never believed that 10 and 15 were going to be as bad as they
were.  A couple of hours before the start there were S9 signals on 10.  While
KU5B and N5XJ were in the chairs doing their thing I kept checking on 10 to see
if there was any opening.  What a waste of my time!  It is a shame when you have
to get someone you worked locally on 80m to agree to a sked on 10m just to work
your own state and in multi-two you have to choose the right time to do it.

The few contacts on 15m were very isolated.  Other than a few q's into the
northeast the main focus was out west.  Some good signals but VERY few people
to work.

Bought enough food for 4 people but one of the ops never made it so our break
times had to be seriously altered and we had plenty of food left over.

Always enjoyable to get together with the regular operating crew as well as
competing against a bunch of good old boys year after year. Thanks for the
moves (we really seemed to be a lot more conscious of doing that this year).

We're already looking forward to the January running.

Bob NX5M, Mike N5XJ, Colin KU5B