[3830] SARTG AC0C SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@ac0c.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG AC0C SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:42:29 -0700
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    0     0     0
   40:  126  1325    36
   20:  148  1665    44
   15:    0     0     0
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  274  2990    80  Total Score = 239,200

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

Thunderstorms came to visit about 1 hour before contest start.  Lightning and
atmospheric noise were just terrible throughout the first 8 hour segment.  In
addition, some trouble with the amp in the first couple of hours all combined
to give a slow start.

Bad luck extended to the second day where I encountered some kind of wide-band
noise on 20m pushing the noise floor up about 15db from where it should have
been.  It made domestic work on 20m tough and DX nearly impossible.
Fortunately, by the 3rd segment it was gone.

Resumed about dawn Sunday for the 3rd session and picked up DV1JM on Sunday
about dawn and that was really nice - new one for me.  Bands were in better
shape it seemed that day.

Unfortunately after S&P on 40 and 20 followed by runs, it seemed that I had
worked everyone I could hear.  Could not break the 300 QSO goal though.  Some
East-coast and EU stations had numbers near 1000 which I thought was really
amazing.

Lot of fun and great prep for next months' CQ test.  Look to see you in the log
then.  Hopefully, on a quiet night with no weather or equipment complications.
:)

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com