[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3831@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:53:17 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 27

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   7      5
   40:  17     13
   20:  21     15
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  45     33  Total Score = 1,485

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to fellow NCCC'ers N3ZZ and W0YK for whipping me tonight, and to Ed for
breaking 50 Q's.

(Todd) - the reason K6UFO was so loud QRP is the antennas and stellar QTH at
the W6YX SuperStation overlooking the S.F. Bay with nice downhill sloping
terrain.

I was very QRL all day intensely immersed in several projects including some
new IOTA planning matters for next year's assault up in KL7, and very tired.  I
rushed down some dinner before the NS, but realized I was still hungry.  When I
grabbed the peanut butter jar (with the lid TIGHTLY on it) and discovered nasty
ants had somehow pulled a group oudini and got inside, it was all downhill from
there tonight.  Shame on them for messing with The Locust's food stuffs.

I rushed to get set up and just didn't have the LocustBrain functioning
clearly.  Even though the first few minutes were gangbusters, I was pretty much
out of sync the rest of the night.  Got beat out by K6NV in 20m pileups, lost
out way too many times on 40m in spite of strong signals and none of that bad
noise the previous weeks.  Went to 80m too late but one of the highlights there
was when K1ZZI called me!  Good ears, Ralph.  80m sounded pretty darn good
compared to previous weeks.  W7WHY beat me out to W0BH, but isn't that what
friends are for?  Congrats, Tom!

N6RO was conspicously missing tonight, so I ended up running the Post-NS Net.
Then I remembered I think Ken had told us last week that he would miss this NS
due to a scheduled music gig.  He would have loved a fairly noise-free 80m
tonight with his high 2el quad - especially with good signals from outside of
NCCC Land for a change.

Hard  to believe I missed working so many of the NS Regulars tonight, but it's
really great to have so many new (and slightly used as Todd said) folks in the
NS Sandbox (K7NV-ism) with us tonight.  Tnx to Kelly/VE4XT for showing up
again, and a special Tnx to Ken/KE3X for the rare DC mult as QSO #1 on 20m.
The logger is still using KY for the mult instead of DC, so need to get this
glitch addressed.  Especially if someone from KY joins us.

Will try to hand out some Q's in the KS & OH QSO Parties, but Saturday at 7AM
local it's back up to Locust Peak with workers for non-radio stuff to deal with
much of the day.  Fortunately, it won't be 106 degrees like last Tuesday.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust