[3830] All Asian SSB K8IA SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB K8IA SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:23:12 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10:30

   80:
   40:  452   108
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  452   108  Total Score = 48,816

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

TT Orion II, Alpha 8410, M-Squared 40M3L 3 el yagi at 71'

My personal best in a SOSB40 All Asian SSB Contest! Never before have any of my
ssb scores come anywhere near what I do on a average AA CW. This one did!

Congrats to JARL and the JA's for some major activity this year. I just wish
some of the other active DX contesting Asian countries were better
represented.

Conditions were superb Friday night but somewhat disturbed the Saturday night.
Things got better as Saturday night progressed, actually being best after
Sunday sunrise.

Unfortunately, both nights were plagued by some serious static crashes, never
allowing the signals below about S2-3 to be easily copyable. I commend the JA
ops for their patience as I dug the weaker signals out via, sometimes, many
repeats. I only can shake my haed at the qso's I had to leave on the table,
unsuccessful.

CU all in the reguale Fall contest season!

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club