[3830] CoQP W0ANT Mobile Multi-OpMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bryonveal@msn.com
Subject: [3830] CoQP W0ANT Mobile Multi-OpMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 21:52:41 -0700
                    Colorado QSO Party

Call: W0ANT
Operator(s): W0ANT N0AH
Station: W0ANT

Class: Mobile Multi-OpMixed LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:           1
   40:   12      1
   20:    3     21
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:   15     23      0  CW Mults = 12  Ph Mults = 23  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 1,924

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Maybe not a lot of QSO's in 10 hours, but we explored a lot of old mines in
Gilpin County above Central City, and had an amazing view from the top of Mt.
Evans at 14,300 feet (highest paved road in North America!)in Cleer Creek
County and made mobile QSO's from Denver, Jefferson, Arapahoe, and Douglas
Counties on the way into the hills and on the way down.  Used the Icom Pro 3
and a Screw Driver and Outbacker Perth in the F-150 pick up. - Conditions were
poor most of the time in the mountains due to terrain, power line noise along
roads, etc.....best part of whole adventure was seeing the herd of Mountain
Goats at the top of Mt. Evans- Worse part, W0ANT took a tumble down the Mt.
Evans summit path...but she is ok! Thanks to Ken, W0ETT who convinced a lot of
us to get involved this year- was nice to have him in the log book too! Next
year, we'll do a lot better now we know a bit more of what to expect- W0ANT
operated most of the contest and I did a couple of CW QSO's.....she often was
busy collecting rocks around the old mines- she is a real rock hound!