[3830] WAE SSB K4OD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, greyeagl@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB K4OD Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 03:21:39 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4OD
Operator(s): K4OD
Station: K4OD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Macon, GA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0    0      0
   40:    8    1     21
   20:   79    7     62
   15:   29    4     30
   10:    0    0      0
-------------------------
Total:  116   12    113  Total Score = 14,464

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Rig - FT897D 100 watts output
Ant - TH3MK4 and dipoles

First attempt ever at doing QTCs in a contest... strange road!

If it had not been for the noise spikes on 80 the place would have been a
graveyard.  Even the old tried and true rag chewers and their insideous
comments weren't there.  80 Was truly an eerie experience!

40 was better but my brain won the argument so my body complied and went to
sleep at the wrong time.  20 was wild and wooly the whole time (except for 3AM
in the morning here) and 15 proved very fruitful once it finally decided to
open around 8AM and was a very nice experience for a change.  10 Meters is
still on vacation.

I think one of these days in the near future I'll sit down on a freq and just
see how long I can hold it and run for a while instead of this S&P headache.