[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1whs@metrocast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 05:16:50 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): N2CEI, K1BX, K9PW, W5ZN, K4SME,  WZ1V. WA1T, N1JFU, K0DI,
Station: K1WHS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ
Operating Time (hrs): 34

    6:  395    76
    2:  364    69
  222:  141    42
  432:  199    44
  903:   73    35
  1.2:   89    35
  2.3:   68    30
  3.4:   60    31
  5.7:   43    21
  10G:   53    24
  24G:    7     2
-------------------
Total: 1496   410  Total Score = 1,174,650

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Also made 4 laser contacts. Conditions were way below normal on Saturday, and
just below normal on Sunday. No big DX worked and all QSOs were like pulling
teeth. We had a lot of trouble with broken microwave gear in several rovers.
Missed a bunch of grids as a result.  A few interesting situations developed.
We snagged K1RZ in FM19 on 903 without a sked, and worked on 1296 and 2304
before it faded out, but could not work him on 432 running a big antenna and a
kilowatt on 432. We caught VE3ZV in EN92 on 144 thru 903 MHz. You had to stay
in the chair to catch those few short periods when good signals would appear.
The diesel generator worked fine all weekend. No equipment failures either. The
amps kept running along just fine. We had a lot of fun despite the poor
conditions. Had a great crew with K9PW, W5ZN, N2CEI, WA1T, WZ1V, N1DPM, K4SME,
K0DI, K1BX and N1JFU. QSO totals on the bottom four bands were all down from
past years. The lack of activity was apparent. I think many VHFers were playing
golf or watching re runs of Mork and Mindy on TV instead of beating the bands to
death.