[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hamk9jk@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:51:50 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  130    73  Total Score = 12,118

Club:

Comments:

The Mults on the Total line includes the 16 Grid Activation Multipliers per ARRL
Rover Scoring.

This was a kilomile plus Limited Rove. It started in NE Ohio (though we had to
GET THERE first, from the Chicago area), to near Erie, PA; then I-90 back to
I-79 south past Pittsburgh, PA; Morgantown, WV; to Charleston, WV, then I-64
west to Louisville, KY; and I-65 North, through Indianapolis, to NW Indiana
(Gary/Hammond) just at the end of the contest.

Actual Grids from which contacts were made: EN91, EN92, FN02, FN01, FN00, EN90,
EM99, FM09, EM98, EM88, EM77, EM78, EM79, EM69, EN60 and EN61.

Without having pre-advertised the planned route, additional operator Mike,
WB8BZK, and I were fortunate to find quite a few stations to work, though we
would have like to have worked MORE!

All antennas were omnidirectional (KB6KQ Loop for 50 MHz, KU4AB Loops for 144,
222 and 432 MHz) as the primary modus operandi was "run-n-gun" which is what it
took to be able to cover that many Grids.

#1 GOAL was to have fun and that WAS accomplished! Thanks to the ARRL for
sponsoring and to ALL who participated in the September VHF QSO Party,
especially to all the statione who did the "heavy lifting" with their antennas
to hear our "weak one" signals and complete QSOs with us.

73, JK