[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:40:34 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: WA2FGK
Operator(s): K2LNS
Station: WA2FGK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

    6:  155    44
    2:  160    51
  222:   89    31
  432:   97    32
  903:   48    17
  1.2:   51    16
  2.3:   38    14
  3.4:   33    14
  5.7:   20    10
  10G:   21    10
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  712   239  Total Score = 342,248

Club:

Comments:

It seems like I say the same thing every year.. "Thank God For Rover's". I
started on 144 mhz and knew within the first hour that numbers would be way
down. The activity was not there. Even six meters was very slow. Todays hams
must need a quick fix of DX on 50 mhz or they won't operate. I am not sure how
we can convince stations to operate when conditions are poor.
This contest was a total grindout. Using the FSK modes and doing some EME on
144 mhz, kept my station floating.
The ARRL gives us four great contests a year. I would think more stations would
make it a point to turn their radio's on, at least for a few hours on Saturday
and Sunday evening..
We had a few small problems with equipment, but were able to get by with
lowered power. I have the shack torn apart right now. Maybe this is when I
should be taking some pictures.. I think I will
Again thanks to everyone that called me, and especially to the rovers that
continue to help our great hobby.
See you all in the sprints and especially the January VHF SS
73's Herb K2LNS
Station mgr for WA2FGK FN21BF
www.wa2fgk.com