[3830] CQ WW RTTY OZ1ADL M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Jan@thogersen.dk
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY OZ1ADL M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:11:23 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: OZ1ADL
Operator(s): OZ1ADL, OZ1JUX, OZ7AM
Station: OZ1ADL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Galten
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  406   867       15      63    18
   40:  426   968       26      63    20
   20:  875  2300       53      85    33
   15:  280   749       32      84    30
   10:   13    32        0       6     5
Total: 2000  4916      126     301   106  Total Score = 2,620,228

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Holy  Moly - What a week-end !

This was my first major RTTY - week-end ever...

I thought  Iknew what it was like to do a major RTTY Contest, but this one
surely beats them all !!!!
I had planned some Radio time this time, along with family activities and
started out all alone, but after 18 hours and 18 minutes, I had beat OZ1AAs
existing SOAB Danish  CQWW RTTY Record from 2001 of 831,776 points - and things
were moving along splendidly ...so I decided to call for a little help from my
friends and after about 20 hours of operation Kim, OZ1JUX showed up after a
long drive all the way from Germany, and he took most of the next next night
after having just had 2 RTTY QSOs in his whole life...Boy, was he in for some
practising!

He diddled through the night till I came back around 04 and we basically split
the whole next day until Alex, OZ7AM came over all the way from Copenhagen with
new energy on sunday morning - and suddenly we found ourselves operating a nice
little MultiSingle operaion on RTTY for the first time, with a lot of life in
the Shack, frozen microwave food, visitors, buzzling energy and the station
working very hard indeed ! And us as well, but during this one, we
couldactually have conversations etcwithout anyone shouting CQ Contest in the
middle of a sentence :-)

We ended up with 2000 QSOs  & 2.620228 points

Holy Moly

73 de OZ1ADL

Jan

http://www.thogersen.dk