[3830] CQ WW RTTY LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:12:02 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD, LZ3FM, LZ2UZ, LZ1FG, LZ2CJ , YL SLAVENA, DANNY, YL NESSI,
LZ2HM
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  287              2      53     9
   40:  945             42      75    28
   20: 1365             53      96    33
   15:  852             39      86    32
   10:  234              0      49    20
Total: 3683  8799      136     359   122  Total Score = 5,428,983

Club: LZ CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

RTTY mode contesting is probably the best way to get youngsters interested in
ham radio and radio contesting. We decided to give the chance to experience
what the ham radio contesting is to 3 youngsters - LZ1ZD's daughter Nessy ( 11
years old ), My own (LZ2CJ ) daughter Slavena ( 17 years old ) and Danny ( 22
years old ). These kids operated LZ9W for almost half of CQWW RTTY contest.
Nessy and Danny had taken part in previous RTTY contests done from LZ9W. It was
the very first touch with real ham radio contesting for my daughter Slavena.
(she made just a few regular RTTY QSOs in the summer of last year). These kids
are very fast learners ! In the remaining 30 seconds of the last minute of the
contest Slavena made two QSOs on 80m band and that was her first ever contest
!!! She had operated for the most of the time on 15m band and during the first
night on 80m, too. Now I only hope she will try some SSB before CQWW in October
:-). Comming SAC this weekend will be a nice oportunity for her to taste SSB
contesting :-).

RTTY is a hard mode to work - we lost 4 radios and one amplifier and had
numerous hardware problems, but Plamen LZ3FM and Krassy LZZD did their best to
keep us in the game.

20m was our best band ( I worked HC8/K6AW just few minutes before end of the
contest on "closed" band ). 40m was very poor first night, but second night was
great and Kristo LZ2UZ made a lot of USA QSOs. 15m is getting better and better
and stacks are definetly of big help. 10m is still dissapointing, but sigs from
S.America and Africa were loud. Been spotted by USA stn, but we were not able to
make a single QSO with US.

After two weeks LZ1ZD will get down our good old HB9CV for 40m and will install
a brand new copy of it. Old antenna served us extremely well for last 12 years
and it is time for it to "get retired" and be replaced by a brand new HB9CV.
Current 4 el. WA3FET 40m yagi now fixed to East will also go down from our
second 33m high tower. If all goes as planned a brand new WA3FET design 3 el.
yagi for 80m will be up and running for CQWW SSB on this tower.

Thanks for the Q's and see you all in October.

73, de Wally LZ2CJ
www.lz9w.com
LZ CONTEST TEAM