[3830] TxQP N1LN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP N1LN Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:41:58 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 17.0

  160:
   80:   28      0
   40:  105     25
   20:  200    319
   15:    0      1
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  333    345      0  Mults = 202  Total Score = 361,678

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I would like to start out by thanking Chuck, NO5W, and the entire TQP committee
for another outstanding event.  The participation of fixed and mobile stations
was definitely up this year.  While on the subject of mobile stations - WOW!
They were always there from the beginning to the end.  Always in a new county.
Always with strong signals. And always keeping me very busy.  I was able to
work 27 different mobile stations and 19 of them for bonus points.  The top 12
(not 10, as there was a tie for tenth place) are listed in order of BONUS
scores. They contributed to my 20,500 bonus points. (already included in the
posted score)

Call / QSOs / Counties.

K5NA -   29 / 27
AD4EB -  24 / 21
NO5W -   21 / 20
W5TM -   25 / 19
N5RZ -   21 / 19
W0BH -   22 / 18
N5XTR -  15 / 13
N5ZKA -  12 / 12
WD5IYT - 12 / 12
K5UN -   12 / 10
N5NA -   11 / 10
W5CT -   11 / 10

I was quite disapointed in the condition of 40 meters.  It was open for less
than one hour in the mornings and then only a few more Qs during each day.  The
short skip was just too short for the normal pipeline between Texas and North
Carolina.  On Saturday night the always present 40 meter RTTY moved me to 80
and that was good. I was pleasantly surprised to get a few extra Qs and even 1
more mult.  Then at 1546 UTC on Sunday morning I made my one and only 15 meter
Q with W5CT. They had the ONLY signal I could hear on the band.  It took some
time to make the Q as I decided not to retune one of my amps and made the Q at
100w.

Even with less the optimal band conditions, this score is a new out of state (I
used to live in Texas) personal best for me in Qs, Mults and overall point
total.  Based on the other 3830 postings that I have read, I am not the only
one that may have a new PB this year.

73,
Bruce - N1LN

Station:
K3 - AL1500 - 4 ele 20 at 105 and 65, 80 mtr Vertical and Inverted V
K3 - TenTec Centurion - 2 ele 40 at 120 and 70, 10 ele log at 105