[3830] TxQP KV8Q SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kv8q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP KV8Q SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 03:47:14 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: KV8Q
Operator(s): KV8Q
Station: KV8Q

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   21     0       0
   40:   71     0       0
   20:  346     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  UHF:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  438     0       0  Mults = 214  Total Score = 309,196

Club:

Comments:

Wow!!! You guys sure know how to throw a party!!!  Kudos to NO5W, Chuck, for all
of his work organizing this event.  It really showed with lots of activity, both
mobile and fixed stations.  I only missed 40 counties this year.  That should
put a big dent in my confirmed county list when I get time to look at that.
Lots of you can expect to see QSL cards from me.  I thank all of you, in
advance, for the confirmations.  (Please, don't send my original QSL cards back
like a guy did last year)
Twenty meters was the band to be on.  40 was better Saturday than Sunday and
the RTTY folks pushed everyone down the band.  80 wasn't bad Saturday evening
and I even got a few mobiles in the log.  Sometimes, the EA's were stronger
than the TX stations, even on 80 meters.  Heard lots of DX calling TX which was
also impressive.  I suspect we will see some outstanding scores.
Speaking of outstanding, that's the only word I can use to describe the mobiles
this past weekend.  They worked the pile-ups down real quick and most of the
time, everyone called when they should have.  It was a thrill getting the
multi-county line Q's from W0BH and W5TM.  The mobiles provided me with 28,000
bonus points.
Here is my list of the big, mobile hitters in my log:  (QSO's/Counties)
        K5NA    (37/33)
        AD4EB   (36/32) Thanks Jim and Melody
        NO5W    (35/35)
        W0BH    (34/34)
        N5RZ    (29/26)
        W3DYA   (27/24)
        N5NA    (22/21)
        N5TM    (21/19)
        W5TM    (19/19)
        WD5IYT  (15/15)
        N4CD    (12/9)
        K5UN    (11/11)
        N5DO    (10/10)
        N9JF    (10/10)
        N3BB    (7/7)
        WC5T    (5/5)
You guys were absolutely amazing.  You were all over the place all the time.
Great job!!!
I will be looking forward to this event once again next year.  I really had fun
with this QSO Party this year.  Thanks to everyone who made it possible.