[3830] CQ WW RTTY VK4LDX SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VK4LDX SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:57:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VK4LDX
Operator(s): VK4LDX
Station: VK4LDX

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Townsville QLD
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:    0       0       0       0     0
   40:    0       0       0       0     0
   20:    0       0       0       0     0
   15:  432  141904      28      59    25
   10:    0       0       0       0     0
Total:  432    1267      28      59    25  Total Score = 141,904

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first entry in CQWW RTTY and it was lots of fun. There were
reasonable openingss all three mornings to North America and in the afternoon
and evening both days to Europe. I was pretty much running for Asia and then
search and pouncing for Europe and a bit of both for North America. I was
aiming to beat the VK record for SOSB 15 LP, reach 100,000 points, and get near
the pointy end, say top 5 for Oceania - so I'm pleased with this. Highlights
were getting VQ9 & HC8 virtually first call along with the 7 seven new band
countries found during the weekend. All in all a great time. It was so funny to
see the band alive to North America up until 2359 UTC and then the switch
flicked off and 15m became an instant ghost town. Can't wait for CQWW SSB when
the switch gets turned on again :) Thanks for everyone who beamed down under to
VK, see you in CQWW SSB. Don't forget it's Oceania SSB Contest this weekend at
0800 UTC Sat - 0800 UTC Sun, see www.oceaniadxcontest.com