[3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrewfaber@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 18:24:07 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    45    14
   80:   149   153
   40:   262    27
   20:   408   323
   15:   223   210
   10:     1     2
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1088   729  Mults = 57  Total Score = 269,154

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

Last year I went HP from K6TA/K6KO's hilltop in Amador County, but scheduling
snafus prevented that this year, so I decided to go LP from my own QTH, and see
if I could better my last try at LP in 2008.  Made almost 300 more Qs this year,
helped by better 15m condx and more concerted second radio usage.
  Frustratingly, never heard any SD stations, though obviously they were on,
since others did get a sweep.  Mults are funny: this year worked usually tough
NT 4 times (VY1EI three times and VE8EV once -- big thanks to both of them for
getting on), and HI countless times (thanks also to KH7Y and KH6LC for major
efforts), but ND only once and never SD.
  Surprisingly, my best run of the whole contest was on 80 phone! Go figure...
  I also want to thank all the out of staters who call CQ CA;  when the run
rate slows, it's very nice to find them on the second radio.  Thanks also to
all the NCCCrs who work so hard to make this the great contest that it is.
  I found the P3 to be invaluable, using the FT1000 mainly as a run radio, and
the K3 mainly as a second radio to spot activity.  The K3/P3's 2010 technology
and the FT1000's 1990 technology both worked great (and I still love the APF on
the FT1000 for bringing signals out of the noise on 80 and 160, hi.)

Rig: K3 + P3, FT-1000
Ant: F-12: 3 el 10-20, 2 el 40, 1 el 80, inv vee 160 on 65-foot tower
Software: CQPWIN ver. 12.0

73, and hope to see everyone from P49Y in CQWW SSB (M/S with K0DQ and N4OC)
Andy, AE6Y
www.arubaqth.com