[3830] Makrothen RTTY K4GMH SO/Multi Xcvr HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY K4GMH SO/Multi Xcvr HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 09:59:35 -0700
                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO/Multi Xcvr HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  126
   40:  205
   20:  443
   15:  278
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1052  Total Score = 6,334,380

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the organizers of the Contest.  Lot of work goes into putting on a
contest.  Thanks also to all who were kind enough to work me.

Not sure what Class/Category I am in, but submitted my log as a Class 4, single
operator, multiple radios.  Guess that is how SO2R operation should be
identified based on the rules.

Bands were in okay condition.  Not as good as in the CQ WW RTTY DX Contest a
couple of weekends ago.  Still 15 m provided good openings to Europe from the
East Coast USA during the second and third sections.

20 m was good as well as 15 m.  Didn't spend enough time in the first session
to get a better feel of the 40 m condition.  80 m seemed to be good even with a
broken Beverage ant. for Europe.  Found the break between the first and second
sessions which was caused by a large, dead tree falling across the Beverage
wire.  Fortunately, the Beverage wire is aluminum electric fence wire allowing
an easy splice to be made.  Should have checked the Beverage antennas before
the start of the Contest.  Still the broken Beverage work okay, just not as
good as it should now that I know it was broke.

Got a couple of excellent 40 m distance contacts with VK5NPR/3 and VK7AD in the
last session.  Thanks for both the 16K plus KM distance points.

Nice to work Don, AA5AU, on 20 m using his new SteppIR ant.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH