[3830] PaQP AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] PaQP AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:43:04 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto OH
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

  160:    0      1      0         0
   80:   53     40      0         0
   40:   87     97      1         0
   20:    0      0      1         0
   15:    0      0      0         0
   10:    0      0      0         0
    6:    0      0      0         0
    2:    0      0      0         0
---------------------------------------
Total:  140    138      2         0  Mults = 59  Total Score = 27,298

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 6 Qs with K3MJW @ 200 points each bonus.

Yaesu FT-950 / 80m doublet

Aside from K3MJW on 20m RTTY, no other PA stations were worked on 20m through
2m.  Managed one 160m contact, again with K3MJW, despite no running 5 watts
into an antenna that would not tune 160m.

Not really even close to a sweep here, missing WAYne, POTter, MCKean,
LACkawanna, FORest, CameRoN, CaMBria and ARMstrong counties.   I heard McKean,
but the YL wasn't CQing at the time.

Beautiful weekend.  No distractions for the most part except for some Sunday
gathering.   Great contest and ops.  Lots of QRS CW, which took some getting
used to.   I was glad to see all the CW action though.   I think I worked more
SSB in this contest than any other.

Was glad to catch fellow MRRCers W3USA/M and K8RYU/M/R, and was also glad to
work the mobiles of WB3IQJ, W3DYA, N2CU, KB3SOM, KA3QLF, K3YTL, K3ONW and K8RYU
(mobile or rover?).  Also nice to work Bill, KB3LIX, in Washington Co a few
times.

Somehow I either missed some significant 80m action, or there was simply less
80m action to be had because of people on 160m.  Of course it would have helped
if my wire would have actually tuned on 75m.   At any rate, 40m was my meat and
potatoes band.

Thanks to the sponsors and especially to all the PA stations who got on the air
to have fun and give others the opportunity for some fun.  This was really an
enjoyable contest, and it was good to work a bit of SWPA.