[3830] Oceania CW ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl2br@ihug.co.nz
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 04:18:43 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZM2B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Plymouth NZ
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:
   40:  521   294
   20:  276   191
   15:  205   119
   10:   16    12
-------------------
Total: 1018   616  Total Score = 2,056,824

Club:

Comments:

Had a few equipment problems this year. The strong winds in September damaged my
elevated 40m ground plane antenna, so I decided to re-build. A new Spiderbeam
12m fibre glass pole arrived the day before the contest. Managed to erect the
new GP 2 hours before the contest started, but it still needs some fine tuning.
Then after the contest had started, I discovered the current batch of strong
winds had broken one leg of my 80m inverted vee, so yikes, no 80m operation was
possible. And last but not least, the indicator pot in my rotator seems to be
faulty and the only way to check which way the triband yagi was pointed was to
go outside and have a look.

But the contest was still a whole lot of good fun. 40m as expected was the
money band. 15m was better than expected, but it sure was frustrating to see
the VK's collecting heaps of dx-cluster spots from Eu-stations, when the band
was closed in ZL.

A big thanks to all those DX stations who make this contest happen for us
Oceania folk. As usual worked a heap of DL stations and I hope to work you all
again this coming weekend in the WAG.

73, Frank