[3830] SAC SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:39:40 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

   80:   44    19
   40:  240    37
   20:  451    49
   15:  134    42
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  872   150  Total Score = 273,600

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Low power and the low sunsopt number in the SAC weekend is a hard enough mix and
the cold that I got for one week prior to the contest was not making it any
easier. Anyway somehow I just could't stay in bed when the contest started. I
must admit that there were some dark moments during the night when I seriously
questioned my sanity :)  Though after the contest I was glad that I didn't give
up. I guess that the contesters are a special breed.

The first hour of the contest was a sign of the things to come. 20m folded out
too early and the long grinding on the lower bands started. 40m was so-so
without much of DX but 80m was a disaster. I just couldn't get it going no
matter what. I slept during the unproductive hours to regain some strength for
the rest of the contest. The morning shift on 40m was tough even though there
were some really nice and strong signals. It took quite long time for the
higher bands to open but then there was finally a kind of opening to the east
on 15m. 10m was as poor as it can get the only stations that made into the log
were Z21BB and ES5TV which were almost at ESP level and DJ4AX who had a good
signal. Just before the end of the contest some stations from NA made it into
the log on 15m.

Although the SSB leg was a tough one compared to the CW weekend it was nice to
meet some old contest friends that stopped by to give some points. Thank you
for the QSOs! SAC is!