[3830] AzQP KK7AC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] AzQP KK7AC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:14:40 -0700
                    Arizona QSO Party

Call: KK7AC
Operator(s): KK7AC
Station: KK7AC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:          66
   40:         110
   20:         618
   15:          45
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     839      0  Mults = 70  Total Score = 58,730

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The 2010 version of the AZQP went okay for me as I met my goal of at least
800 Qâ??s, but somewhat disappointed in the multipliers in that I only got 2
more than last yearâ??s effort, 70 total.

It really should be more because of the DX,
albeit light, on 15 meters should be getting into our logs. It seems to me
that
DX, South America in particular, is reluctant to call on your CQAZP due to the
fact that maybe they donâ??t understand the exchange? Do they feel that this
is only a stateside contest? What does all of this â??Apache APHâ?? stuff
mean?
I donâ??t know, but it is somewhat frustrating to go down 15 and hear some DX
calling their own CQ or working a little pile-up of their own and I only go
about
3.5K off their frequency and get little to nothing! Call CQ AZQP for 10
minutes
on 15 and then all of the sudden â??poofâ?? YV5WA calls. Weird. But this also
goes
for stateside as well in that the pile-ups on DX are mostly US, and I can hear
them! Why not call me 3.5K down? I found that I spent probably too much time
on 15, but how else to grab up some multipliers and 2nd ,3rd or 4th new band
dupes? Anyway, this is not unique to AZQP I donâ??t think. This seems to be
the
case in most QSO parties. What Iâ??m saying is I should have (we all should
have)
more than 70 multâ??s. Disappointing nonetheless.

Also I think this event would be a bit more fun if the AZ stations could count
AZ counties as multâ??s as well. I mean why give another AZ station â??AZAPHâ??
when
all I (we) are doing is logging â??AZâ??. (Unless of course the other guy is
keeping
separate track of Az counties worked â??but why not just make it in the log
your
running since your already in it?). Anyway, I think it would cause us AZ guys
go down to 40 and 75 to grab more precious multipliers and see if we too can
sweep AZ counties!  Because otherwise, why should I go down to 75 when I can
make an 80 Q rate on 20 and still have a chance to get state/DX multipliers?
20 meters was by far the band of choice accounting for about 78% of my
activity
even though it seemed it was not as good as last year. It was a nice surprise
to hear
Dan, K7IA just a few miles from me passing out the rare Apache and Greenleeâ?¦
even if he only counts once for AZ; see my above comments again for my
thoughts on this! Got W7SA too! A lot of propagation to WA, OR and PA. I had
run a separate pen and paper to keep track of the serial numbers I was passing
out for the PAQP. That was somewhat cumbersome in that you were unsure of
whether or not the PA station was, A.- not in the PAQP thus not
needing/wanting
a serial, B.-was indeed in the PAQP but only wanted his number, or C.-was in
logging
both thus a  one minute exchange. Itâ??s also pretty funny how the last hour of
the
contest EVERYONE comes out of the wood work! Nothing like sweating it out
during
the final hour!

Worked all 50 states in about 10 hours with CO being the last â??
something I did not do last year. Delaware alluded me then but not this year.
A lot of fun was had either way and any excuse to get up to the cabin
is always good! Itâ??s amazing what elevation and a high antenna can do.
Special TNX
to my XYL  Lisa whom is very supportive during the â??weekend I spend
underneath
headphonesâ??. Also to W7SA and the Chair coordinator, KE7DX for a great time.

-Andy, KK7Apache County.

-Yaesu FT-1000D
-Heil Pro HC-5
-W5GI "mystery Antenna" @ 90'