[3830] NyQP WB2ABD MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP WB2ABD MobileCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:08:04 -0700
                    New York QSO Party

Call: WB2ABD
Operator(s): WB2ABD
Station: WB2ABD

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:
   80:   64
   40:  171
   20:   72
   15:    5
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  312     0       0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 43,056

Club: Western NY DX Association

Comments:

Solo - no driver - park & run. Yikes! At least 5 hrs driving/ no Q's.
Ran CAT CHA ERI GEN NIA ORL MON ONT YAT SCU. Tanked the last hour as driving
further to next county would have eaten the time.Beat my last years score, so
that was OK.

15m was open but not many takers. Gave up on 40m when the Rtty/Dxpeditions
covered everything: I really tried to find a spot, but no dice. Didn't find any
80m activity until the sun went very low.

Good news: rig, antenna and computer worked flawlessly ( even the cheezy power
connector on the laptop) But the real highlight was missing the very fat 8
pointer waddling across Rte 14 in Yates at night. It was close, but no gear
flew. After the PA deer 2 years ago, I think I would've called /M contesting
quits if I had nailed this one.

Thanks to those who managed to find me thru all the off-times, especially
WA3HAE, K1ZZI and KO1U, who got almost every one I ran.

and I'm still wired...

K3  Tarheel/SDC102 N1MM  '10 RAV4
2 sandwiches, 2 coffees, granola bar

Paul WB2ABD