[3830] JARTS AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] JARTS AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:17:10 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   80:   57  114    14
   40:   93  191    25
   20:   32   67    12
   15:   64  136    25
   10:   22   46    11
------------------------
Total:  268  554    87  Total Score = 48,198

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Fun contest.   I had planned on focusing on the state QSO parties, until at the
last minute I realized this was a WW contest and thus everyone would get points
for working everyone else, irrespective of location.  Well, that was enough for
me to bite.

I managed one JA, that's it.   I heard quite a few more, very weak, but was
unable to work them.  10m open a bit here and there are on Sunday.   Obviously
with all of the 15m/10m activity I almost completely overlooked 20m.   That was
fairly dumb of me.   Oh well.

I got some kind of bug Saturday evening and wasn't feeling much like playing
radio Sunday, but I put in a few hours here and there anyway.

A KH6 and a KR6 were sending two-letter ages -- I asked for repeats for
confirmation and they did the same thing again.  I'm not sure what that was all
about.   I forced the log of those two just how they sent them though.   If I'm
not mistaken, some stations were sending different ages on different bands.
Then again, maybe I copied wrong.

At any rate, I expect a few logging errors in this one.

If you had asked me six months ago I would have told you I thought RTTY was
garbage... as it turns out it is an enjoyable mode and contacts can be made
even in weak conditions.

Thanks to all of those who gave me a contact to log!