[3830] CQWW SSB 3D2A(VK4AN) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 3D2A(VK4AN) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 20:52:21 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 3D2A
Operator(s): VK4AN
Station: 3D2A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Nadi, Fiji
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    6
   20:  120
   15:  336
   10:  259
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Just managed to get antenna up with the help of 3D2AA in time for contest! QTH
was a compromise as original QTH had neighbor's dogs who wouldn't let me sleep
and had to relocate at the last minute! Used Flex-5000A, Spiderbeam(10m high)
and OCF(7m high). Could have given out a lot more multipliers if the Caribb and
Af stns would just listen for a few minutes for Oceania when band is open!
Example of stations heard (off the side of their beams!) 9Y4W V26B VP5DX PY1NR
PJ4X ZX5J DU's, VP5T HK1R CR3A CN2 EA8 ZF2AH TG9 CE1 A61 A65 A73A and many many
more!!  About the ONLY way an Oceania station can 'crack' the side lobes is with
a KW+ signal(and there were a few of them on-air). Another 'option' would be
that if anyone hears an Oceania station, that they SPOT IT to give the
low-power Oceania stations a better chance of working these guys. We can only
'legally' run 125w cw or 400w PEP OUTPUT from the transmitter.
Biggest thrill of the contest was working YM on 10m with a genuine 59 both
ways.  CU all agn from 3D2 in near future.  73 Eddie VK4AN 3D2A