[3830] ARRL 160 EI2CN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 EI2CN Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 06:43:11 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 429  Sections = 58  Countries = 0  Total Score = 49,754

Club:

Comments:

This proved a rough contest to get started in at 2200 Z on Friday night, NA
stations were coming through on the Beverage in FB shape but there was a
feeding frenzy amongst more local NA stations.  One needed to wait till around
01:00 for Ws to start listening for EU or perhaps our signals are just too low
compared to locals.   I found the Q rate generally low and so it is harder to
say awake.

The above is my complaint.   Otherwise it was a good exercise and will perhaps
get me started again trying to obtain WAS on top band.   I have one card from
WY outstanding from last year and am still chasing ND.   Perhaps WPX, Stew
Perry or CQWW 160M will provide the goods.

Found that getting thoroughly done in on Friday night allowed me to get more
sleep in on Saturday, when eating and bed were the main activities.  Sleep was
perhaps not achieved but I was close to it.   Thus a shower on Saturday night
around 00:00, a bit of grub and a flask of Coffee kept me going through the
night.   Felt better about it on Saturday night than on Friday night as a
result.   I keep a bag of mixed dried fruit and a few pieces of toast to munch
on along with my coffee through the night.   I could not sleep during the day
prior to a contest as I need to be beat to stay in bed during daylight.

K3
Acom 1000 400 W
inverted L with vertical run of 95 feet
680 foot Beverage running NE