[3830] ARRL 160 KE7YF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KE7YF Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 08:31:16 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KE7YF
Operator(s): KE7YF
Station: KE7YF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 105  Sections = 39  Countries = 3  Total Score = 9,198

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

After the Mesa Hamfest, I threw up an inverted L, close to my roof - average
height about 15 feet.  I tied the ground side into my 40M vertical ground
system - two buried 33-foot radials.  Didn't have time to tweak the length -
it's slightly long.  SWR was 2.0 from 1800KHz-1835KHz, then creeping higher as
I go up in frequency.  My AL-811 seemed to be happy up to 1860KHz, so I was
able to work high power (500W).  I used my 40M vertical for receive, since the
noise level on the vertical was around S0 (with preamp1 on.  The inverted L had
S8-S9 noise level most of the time (also preamp1 on).

I was able to work most strong stations that I heard and even a few weaker
ones.  Logged 29 states, 3 DX - ZL9X, C6AGU, PJ2T.  Only heard one other DX -
ZF2AH, but he couldn't hear me at that time.  It was a real kick to finally get
a transmit antenna working for 160M contests.  With a little more tweaking, I
should be ready for Stew Perry, CQ WW 160.

Thanks for all the Q's.

73........Paul........KE7YF