[3830] ARRL 160 KL7RA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KL7RA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:20:06 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 782  Sections = 75  Countries = 35  Total Score = 224,180

Club:

Comments:

Waiting for the Earth to turn and get Alaska dark soaked as no one can hear me
yet but the band is packed end to end. Finally can start running when the amp
trips off, high VSWR. CRaaaaap, we are in blizzard conditions and after some
troubleshooting I have a cable problem about 250 feet from the house.

Moose come from miles around to stomp my wires and one happens to snag this one
line out of dozens available to destroy. The splice took two hours as my dog
Lucy wouldn't hold the light steady and really did nothing much to help me.
This is the part of our hobby no one else can understand but topband is just
too cool a band to give up on so I had to get back on the air.

Conditions were great the first night with good runs and lots of mults that
came back with one call. Not so good the second night. I had a goal of making
225 thousand points and it wasn't looking good with only 5 Q's a hour all
night. Big Europe run at the end helped get me close enough so I'm calling this
contest excellent except for the stupid moose part.

73 Rich KL7RA   see everyone on Ten next week.