[3830] ARRL 160 VE1ZA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, noahr@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE1ZA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:23:30 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

Total:  QSOs = 353  Sections = 76  Countries = 24  Total Score = 60,268

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I just was not able to reach goals this year and exceed 2009 results.  Issues
that affected result--read excuses:
Inverted-L was just not tuned this year so I added more wire (total 130-170 ft)
and added a 1000pf of tuning cap at the feedpoint and the antenna was finally
tuned for saturday night.  Could not operate friday night due to other
commitments and lack of tuned antenna.  So I was only able to get one night of
operating. Did a lot more running this year and was productive for about 30
minutes to one hour at a time, then had to switch to S&P.  Wish I had a pennant
to the USA due to QRN static crashesâ?"lots of agn?.  Stayed up till 2 AM sunday
morning.  Got up again at 6:00AM and worked MS (WQ5L) and BC (VE7CC) as mults
for a few minutes in the morning.  Thanks to UU7J, OE3GCU, UX2X, G4AFS and
PA3FQA who called while I was running.  Also, worked the following MCC'ers
VA1MM, VE1OP, VE1RGB, VE1ZAC and VY2SS, thanks guys.

Thanks

Tony VE1ZA