[3830] ARRL 160 N9NE Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tfonstad@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N9NE Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:55:51 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 382  Sections = 66  Countries = 1  Total Score = 51,389

Club: Central Wisconsin Amateurs

Comments:

My score was significantly down from last year: fewer Q's and SPC's.  Just could
not work the CA sections (except for three). Kept looking at the rotor to make
sure the beam was pointed west: LOL! The dawn gray line here was a flop both
mornings IMHO. I missed PAC (HI) for WAS: working KL7AR with 5W was a high
point, so now I have QRP WAS on 160M. Another surprise was working N4QA in VA
who was running 5W into his rain gutter!

I am just getting too old to stay up two nights in a row: the bed kept calling
CQ, and when yer runnin' 5W, it gets awfully slow and even physically
sickening. The bed won Saturday night :). I think going through major spine
surgery 12 weeks ago had something to do with that too ... takes an old guy a
while to recover.

A heartfelt thanks to the stations that patiently completed exchanges in
repeated attempts when QSB and QRM intervened! I apologize for slowing your
rates down.

Setup here is a K3 and N1MM Logger (for free: what a gift!) to either a 176'
doublet at 65' or a 53' vertical T.

72/73
Todd
Amherst, WI