[3830] ARRL 160 N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 06:10:50 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~9

Total:  QSOs = 774  Sections = 72  Countries = 20  Total Score = 149,020

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was planning on taking the weekend off from contesting or nearly so. There are
too many contests biggies back to back. But, the work day ended and I felt a
little energy, so delved into it. The first 20 minutes seemed slow, but
activity gradually pick up and I managed 133 Q's between 2217 and 2329Z. Back
on at 24Z and worked 93 Q's followed by 135 in the 01Z hour. Both nights I went
QRT by 0230Z; Saturday afternoon shopping had me pretty tired and didn't return
home until 2330Z, back on air around 0015Z. Highlight was being called by more
DX than I expected, VP2M and PJ2T first night and OK, I, UX, LY, 9A, and 2nd I
the 2nd ngiht.
Condx seemed pretty punk Saturday morning with no DX (heard KL7RA very weak and
late) and couldn't get much of any rate calling CQ; signals also seemed to fade
out faster than usual. Sunday AM seemed better; I didn't get on until right
around sunrise and first two Q's were KH6LC weak, and ZL8X very weak both on
first call; they along with CE1/K7CA suffering thru the summer static win the
golden ears awards. WY and AK were the only states that alluded me, heard KO7X
calling DX 3 different times, two called in from ND!
I can't help but comment on the incredible turnout from MN and especially WI;
I'm having nightmares about cheeseheads swarming around me, Hi! Seriously,
thanks much for the Q's and the spots.

73, Jeff