[3830] ARRL 160 W1SJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1sj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1SJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 12:40:45 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1115  Sections = 76  Countries = 22  Total Score = 229,124

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

I didnâ??t know if it was my station, but signals beyond the local high angle
skip were quite weak all weekend and the static crashes which went along with
it made things even more miserable.  I know some of you had to call many, many
times until I got your call sign, if I did at all and I saw some post-contest
complaining about this too. Believe me, I tried my best with attenuators and RF
gain and everything else to pull yâ??all through. Thereâ??s only so much I can
do with a dipole at 45 feet!

As it turns out, a lot of people with modest antenna were struggling with
working Europe and the West Coast from the NE, so at least Iâ??m not alone!

I have asked my neighbor to vacate his house to make room for a beverage
antenna. Iâ??ll let you know how this pans outâ?¦