[3830] CQWW CW OH8X(OH6UM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH8X(OH6UM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 07:09:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH6UM
Station: OH8X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arkala
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  358    20       66
   80:  765    30       85
   40: 1066    39      103
   20: 1379    34       90
   15:  772    30       89
   10:   73    11       35
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The 1st half of the contest went pretty well. I enjoyed a nice 80m NA run on the
first morning and especially a 3 hour 15m NA run on the first evening, producing
also my best rate hours.  Unfortunately same kind of openings didn't occur on
the second day. Overall, after a good start things slowed down quite a lot
during the 2nd half of the contest.

The main targets were to stay up all 48 hours and tenaciously try to beat the
old national OH record made in 1999 under quite different band conditions. I
tried to focus on 3 point qsos, and hoped for at least some decent openings on
15m and 10m.  Well, 10m once again wasn't much of help, but I'm still happy to
claim slightly over 50% DX qsos and a score, which tops the old OH record by
some 7%.  Next time, "10 meters, please be open..., we miss you!"

TNX to everyone for once again a most enjoyable contest weekend.  CQWW and CW
ARE!

73 es cu de Pasi OH6UM/OH2IW