[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:41:32 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Dec 10

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  27     23  Total Score = 621

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

ive used the analogy of sitting out in the end zone trying to watch/hear the
game... in this one, was outside the stadium in the parking lot, and
only faintly heard the action at all.

20 dead...tried CQing S and E before to see if anyone was there.. nada.
40 signals a whisper, and all seemed to be in midwest and east answering each
other.  those i could pick out around the RTTY pileup were usually grabbed by
someone closer to them in jump ball.
80 same analogy unless you are using big antenna.  homeboy wires just let you
hear everyone working each other, while we got OR & CA and UT (thanks Max!) and
a stray W0 if we get really lucky.
160 same but with more of a blanket on it..   K0UK and WD0T are best "DX" from
over on this coast.

worst NS yet for me.   27 x 23.. seemed like i had time to go walk the dog in
between QSOs.   had to shift speed down a couple gears too, to be heard and
copied.

nuff bitchin.... in summer when we get whole country on 20 its just the
opposite.

so i guess it balances out... but last nite NS more a chore, than a delight,
especially w/ even earlier start time.

of course, will try again next week.

73 DanWa K7SS
(ps: the REAL DanWa is W7WA who was nicknamed many years ago. I am grateful to
be able to use the name in NS, but it is rightfully Dan's (that Dan, not this
Dan)... 73 DanWa2