[3830] ARRL 10 K0TV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K0TV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:54:32 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): KB1TBU, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH, FN42hr
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  160    46
  SSB:   86    22
-------------------
Total:  246    68  Total Score = 55,216

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I set up the station so Scott, KB1TBU could get some operating time on SSB. He's
new to contesting and I wanted to give him a taste of what it's like to operate
at a fairly big station. I did the CW and Scott did the SSB with the exception
of a few contacts. I did do some SSB on Sunday but only answering CQs. Scott
had some other commitments so he only put in a few hours on Saturday.

It was interesting to see a few Europeans show up on both days. Meteors
provided some interesting contacts. I'm more used to doing MS on the VHF bands
so the long bursts were very interesting. Getting called by a couple of ZS
stations while on the Europe stack was unexpected. Nice to know that the 4/4
combination I have up pointed at Europe gets into ZS land.

We both had a good time. I'm glad sunspots are back a bit. I'm looking forward
to this contest next year. There should be lots more activity. I'll probably
make a better effort next year. Thanks to all the stations that called in.

73, Jerry - K0TV