[3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:15:22 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 15:17

   CW:  281    61
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  281    61  Total Score = 68,564

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

If I had to just use one word: B R U T A L ! ! !

Had to keep checking the radio dial to make sure it didn't say 50MHz, instead
of 28MHz !  Wow, this one was real tuff-sleddin' from up here.  I was sure I
was in a 6m contest.  (and I've had much better scores in 6m 'tests)

Almost no EU whatsoever. CR6K and one other I forget.  Did hear one G station,
but couldn't make a QSO....Worked
a few AF, a smattering of SA...almost no Carib and no Pacific or Asia.  Luckily
there was a lot of Stateside on, but worked almost no XE's, W 8's , 9's or
0's...(no Es to speak of)

My goal was to match a local MAR score of 32.XX k pts set in 2008. Probably
Ve1OP or VY2ZM beat this however...Personal Goal achieved.  Took 5 times longer
than I had "calculated" it would. HI HI !

We need more pimples on the face of ol' Sol to do this one justice.

We definately needed both preamps engaged and your seat in an upright & forward
position with the headphones on.  A quiet QTH helps.  At least no QRN at this
end of the spectrum.

Stations heard but not worked (off the top of my head)
Lz9w, St2ar
Loudest station day#1 N8OO
Loudest station day#2 KN5O

For the most part the S-meter never moved at all....

Despite the pitiful low score, I had fun.  Reminded me a lot of 6m...

IC-746, 600W, A3 @ 20' fixed SW or 266' OCF dple @ 25' avg height. N1MM

Mike VE9AA FN66na