[3830] ARRL 10 WW0AL SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ashton.r.lee@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WW0AL SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:11:39 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WW0AL
Operator(s): WW0AL
Station: WW0AL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   CW:   6      3
  SSB:  72     17
-------------------
Total:  78     20  Total Score = 3,360

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Just a part time effort on Saturday to get a feel for the propagation from my
new mountain top remote shack. Mostly used a Sigma 40XK configured as a
vertical dipole on 10. I ended up erecting antennas when the band went quiet. I
had more Mexican States than US ones, and more South American countries than
states. I did get my first ever 10 meter contact to VK running 100 watts into a
43 foot vertical set up minutes before using just 3 20 foot radials. The
location was quiet, and the power system held up to the radio and AMP's draw.
Much more work to do before it is really functional however.