[3830] ARRL 10 NO5W SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NO5W SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:35:22 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  205    37
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  205    37  Total Score = 30,340

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, Dipole at 25ft, CQ/X

When I started out on Friday evening I thought it was the Florida QSO party. In
my first 20 Qs at least 15 of them were FL. After a bit of S&P I decided to try
and run some and had several nice runs with the meter peaking at 102/hr on
Friday night up until around 0500Z.

Saturday was much slower and I could not work the few South American stations I
could hear, even a struggle working Caribbean stations. Sunday afternoon things
picked up again and I worked a few of those same South American stations on the
first call. I had a few XE's in the log but plenty of room for more.

It was interesting to work a number of Houston locals with unfamiliar calls,
several of them within 5-10 miles of my QTH. I heard them in there calling CQ
most of the day Sunday with real Butt in Chair commitment. Ahh, I'll add them
to the "recruit new ops list" for the Texas QSO Party for next year. Speaking
of the TxQP the results of the 2010 running are now up on the web site
http://www.txqp.net

73 es Happy Holidays,

Chuck/NO5W