[3830] RAC Winter W7WHY M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter W7WHY M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:36:19 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Coos Bay, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

  160:    9              4
   80:   49              7
   40:   59              7
   20:  209             10
   15:   15              4
   10:    2              1
    6:
    2:
Total:  343     0       33         0  Total Score = 65,472

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Boy, that was fun!  Conditions on 80 and 160 Friday night were excellent.  Hope
things stay good on 160 for the SP tonight.

Saturday I had a couple of nice runs on 20 to keep things interesting.  Had to
quit a couple of hours early to do some Christmas stuff.

I tried the RBN Skimmer for the first time ever.  Opinion is that it's useless.

People complain about busted spots by spotters, but Skimmer busted so many
calls I finally just quit using it.  At one time W7SW/W7AW/WM7W were all
spotted on the same frequency.  along with K6ND/K6NDE, VE3EX/KE3EX,
VE3RT/VE3RTU, N4AAI/N5AAI/N4AA, W3LQ/W3LEQ, plus  many others.

I guess one good thing is that it makes you have to listen and copy what is
being sent to see who it is.

Thanks to the RAC for a really fun contest.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT + SB-200
Radio 2  TS-450SAT

Homebrew 2-el monobander at 15 feet.