[3830] NAQP CW KL7RA M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KL7RA M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 06:40:27 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA  AL7IF
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   15     4
   80:   38    11
   40:   92    29
   20:  407    54
   15:  276    49
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  828   147  Total Score = 121,716

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Activity seemed low but it wasn't because of the poor band conditions. Clearly
you can see on a bandscope the RTTY contest packed wall to wall and the CW
window empty. That the KL7 RTTY contesters have a HP category when the bands
are poor helps them keep going while the lower 48 CQ in our face on 80 and 160
with our 100 watts.

No records available for the NAQP so we really have no clue how well we were
doing but both of us stuck with it making what Q's we could in the last 4 hours
once we lost 40.

I cycled some CQs off and on on 10 meters but no luck and never heard a signal
there. 15 meters had a nice rate with clear signals from the east coast but not
very many hours. 20 was our money band of course but the band was noisy and a
lot of very weak stations called in requiring repeats. 40 worked for awhile and
we and everyone else was loud. 80 and 160 was the normal slug fest and we just
went up and down calling people who mostly couldn't hear us.

Thanks to Wigi, AL7IF for coming down. I like the multi two category with the
easy 12 hour format. The NCJ NAQP can be really fun with two people if the
bands and activity are good.   73 Rich KL7RA