[3830] RTTY Roundup NY6DX(@W2WHP) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NY6DX(@W2WHP) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:07:07 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NY6DX
Operator(s): NY6DX,W2RT,KC2PWX, N2WAZ
Station: W2WHP

Class: M/S HP
QTH: STATEN ISLAND NY
Operating Time (hrs): 23:30

------------
   80:  107
   40:  347
   20:  418
   15:  144
   10:   18
------------
Total: 1034  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 60  Total Score = 134,668

Club: Empire Contest Club

Comments:

Radio: FT-1000mp Mark V
Amp: Alpha 87a
Antennas: 6 El. tribander @90ft
          2 El. 40m beam @77ft
          6 El. tribander @60ft
Pair of phased verticals for 80m switched east and west another pair switched
north and south, 80ft vertical t antenna on 160m

Our second ever RTTY contest and we broke the W2V NLI and Hudson record. old
one was 889 qso 108 mults 94,608. We had no HRU or station problems. Station
was flawless again. Great job by all the Boyscouts and operators.

I do need to know a few things like how someone who never broke 700 qso's in
ten yrs of operating thinks he can do 1,000... 400 in 7 hrs no less. FYI your
best rate is a 35 hr it takes a 42 hr for 1,000 qso and a 57.14 to do 400 in 7
hrs. do the math. Also wonder why ARRl section leaders spot everyone on the
band but guys in there own section? Even after working them. Oh well live and
learn. We will be updating the antennas over the summer and will be stronger
next season. Look out NLI records here we come.