[3830] NAQP SSB W6YX M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rebar@hamilton.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W6YX M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:28:58 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N6CCH N7MH K6WX K6YRU W6LD
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: STANFORD, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   59    13
   80:  182    35
   40:  423    57
   20:  530    61
   15:  416    49
   10:   39    12
-------------------
Total: 1649   227  Total Score = 374,323

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

A good time was had by all.

We entertained a couple of YL guest ops, K6WX (first-timer) and K6YRU (starting
to become a regular).  Our exchange MIKE CA may have thrown a few here and there
with the YLs at the mic, but it seems we managed to pull in and pounce on quite
a number of stations.

Only one all-band contact K9CT, followed by seven 5-band stations, AE6Y
K6RM     N4PN     N6DQ     W0BH     W0ETT    W4BW

Thanks to everyone for the contacts no matter how few or many you made with us
during this event, they all count.

We opened the event on 10 and 15 with two run stations and three spotting
stations.
10 meters was a trickle at best and we swiftly moved to 20 after about an
hour.

Our best rate was during the 19:00 UTC hour when we were running 15 (W6LD) and
20 (K6YRU) with spotting and S&P mults assistance from N7MH, K6WX and N6CCH.

Conditions were somewhat marginal at times and having additional ops available
to seek out multipliers and interleave with the run ops was critical to
achieving a decent score.

Thanks to those the Stanford Amateur Radio Club for the use of the station and
those that maintain and support it to allow us to have so much fun there.

Station:
Rigs: FT-1000MP MkV (2) FT-1000MP (1) K3/100 (2) and one P3 at a spotting
station.
Various wire and yagi antennas

73 de N6CCH aka Rebar