[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N1WK(@KB1H) Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1uj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N1WK(@KB1H) Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:53:18 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: N1WK
Operator(s): KB1H, N1WK, NB1U, NR1X, W1UJ
Station: KB1H

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN41cu
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  265    23
    2:  204    25
  222:   57    18
  432:   92    17
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  618    83  Total Score = 63,661

Club: The Barnstormers Contest Group

Comments:

Everything worked.
We had a great time.
The station played well!

Without any openings, our Mr. 6m was able to sustain run rate at the start.
A new addition is the 5el 6m beam at 70' replacing the 3el that was there.
The 5el was a compliment to the independant 7el 6m beam at 155', now
rotatable!

On 2m-432, setup DVK and CW keying sequenced with Mast-Preamp protection.
This included Winkey USB and a PC/Audio isolation interface to the mic.
A huge improvement.  On 6m the only voice keying luxury is a DVS Yaesu voice
keyer... We had CQ repeat on 2m and up!

Installed new IF relays to switch between transverters on the 2m and up
station. Lost 24 minutes of the start snapping in the last BNC to hold breath
and apply RF.  Worked out of the box.
Another huge improvement.

Possibly the best improvement was the recent decision of the VHF station
control op, N1WK who is the ham formerly known as KB1DFB to change his call.
Your ops appriciate it Kim!

Thanks for the QSOs! We are really looking forward to the Summer events.

The Barnstormers Contest Group
http://qsl.net/kb1h