[3830] CQ160 CW WS7L Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WS7L Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:53:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 22

Total:  QSOs = 345  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 14  Total Score = 67,206

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

DX condx much better than this season's Stew, where I had no DX across the
Atlantic and only a few of the stronger JA's. I got about 3x the JA's this
month. But nowhere near as good as last season when I was knocking off EU's
right and left. No mainland EU or AF worked, though I did manage a CU and an
EA8. No SA except CE1/K7CA, who I can always work no matter what.

Domestic condx great, no problem working all corners of North America. 48
states and 8 provinces went in the log. Heard WV but couldn't work them, and MS
was nowhere to be found. Nor was VE4. RI was scarce the first day but about
1000Z  the second day I worked three of them almost in a row. I even kept a run
going for a solid hour with a decent rate, which is a record for my station on
any band.

Station: K3 + 800W 2x813 amp + 15 m "T" top-loaded vertical. 80 m dipole for
diversity RX.

73, Carl WS7L