[3830] CQ160 CW N1SZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1sz@japierson.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N1SZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:58:46 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1SZ
Operator(s): N1SZ
Station: N1SZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 314  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 10  Total Score = 48,704

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Lots of fun this year.  Unfortunately, family obligations and a couple of nights
lack of sleep prior to the contest hindered my efforts this year.  Despite
limited butt-in-chair time, I felt pretty good about my 100W and Marconi T
antenna getting called by EU on Saturday night. I missed AK, ID, MS and OR for
the WAS on 160 in a single contest. I really enjoyed the K3 in this contest.
As others have pointed out, with the band packed with signals 300Hz apart (or
less), the K3 really made a big difference compared to my 11 year old
IC-756Pro.  :-)

Nice to start the contest off with fellow MGEF contester K1EP in the log as QSO
#1.  I was thrilled to actually have my little 100W station find a run frequency
and actually hold it (including the QSO rate of100+/hr) for almost two hours
before I was dragged away buy other duties on Saturday night.
Thanks to all of the fellow PVRC members for the points.  Thanks to the DX that
struggled to hear my signal!

Radio: K3 #4939
Ant: 80m Dipole as a Marconi T @60â??
MicroKeyer II & Writelog