[3830] CQ160 CW N8UM Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N8UM Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:41:54 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 22

Total:  QSOs = 1074  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 49  Total Score = 330,998

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Everything worked, I was able to switch my days and nites, no TVI and the band
was quiet.  You know it will be fun when your first contact is North Dakota
(and then you work 4 each ND, SD and Wy).

The 25 year old 80 meter freestanding vertical still performs well with a
repaired radial field.  It is a bit awkward having to adjust the tuner every 10
kc but digital bargraph wattmeters are great for that.

I just returned from Boston and understand why people can't work on their
antennas due to unbelievable amounts of snow and ice...

Strange prop to southern EU on Saturday night with many 599 signals CQing in my
face with no response.  I agree with the comments on new rigs with great
selectivity causing problems.